Anyone can propose a new component for the Design System.
To be successful, proposals need to show that the component being suggested would be useful and unique. Follow the 3 steps to propose a component or pattern for the Design System.
1. Check the community and backlog
Check the Community and backlog to ensure that your suggestion has not already been made.
- If there is an existing component that will meet your needs
- If there is a component in the backlog that will meet your needs
- If there is existing research or discussion around a similar component on the Community
2. Propose your component
Propose your component along with evidence of the user need it will help solve, as well as any links to examples of it in use, or screenshots.
- Community Platform - Post your component suggestion via the Suggest a component thread.
- Email us - Email you component suggestion to [email protected]
All proposals will be open for Community feedback and further contribution.
The Design System team will assess your proposal and community input, and should it be successful, your component will be added to the backlog for development.
Have a question?
If you have any questions reach out to us at [email protected]