Whole-of-Government Address Management is provided free of charge by Spatial Services to NSW Government Organisations through a range of services, NSW Point real time address validation, NSW Point Bulk Address Validation of existing data sets and Service Point to enable location-based reporting.
Whole-of-Government Address Management is available free of charge from Spatial Services for NSW Government organisations providing access to a range of services:
- NSW Point real-time address validation
- NSW Point Bulk Address Validation of existing datasets
- Service Point enabling location-based reporting.
How is it solving the problem?
Service Point is an anonymised transaction reporting service developed by Spatial Services, which facilitates location-based reporting for NSW Government.
Service Point enables the web-based recording of geocoded government transactions and captures location data aggregated by the following:
- Australian Statistical Geography Standard: Mesh Block and (Statistical Area 1 to 4) Local Government Area
- State Electoral Districts and Federal Electoral Divisions.
This service records basic de-identified metadata about each transaction including:
- type of service
- transaction cost
Service Point is intended to be implemented in conjunction with real-time address validation by NSW Point.
What are the benefits?
The ability to identify where services are provided and delivered has the capacity to support substantial improvement to government decision making.
Service Point can deliver powerful reporting tools by accessing current transaction data, which can be applied to business analytics.
Service agencies who are mandated to report location-based data to NSW Government can deliver this information without investing in their own costly reporting solution.
Is it right for my project?
You should use this solution if you are:
- required to provide location-based reporting for NSW Government
- already using NSW Point to validate address data collected from customers or other entities.
Roadmap Currently in BETA release, organisations seeking to test the service are encouraged to view the Service Point webpage for further information and to complete the access request.
Custodian agency and contact
Department of Customer Service
Service Delivery Team
PO Box 143, Bathurst NSW 2795
T: 02 6332 8287