Accessibility means providing equal access to information for all our audiences, with special consideration for people with disability.
For people with disability, accessible content can be the difference between inclusion and exclusion from information. They may rely on assistive technologies like screen
readers, magnifiers or captions to access content.
By ensuring our content is accessible, we are choosing to include all of these people. And in the process, we are also making the content more useful for everyone else, including;
- speakers of other languages, who may be using translation software
- users with low literacy levels
- users on mobile or tablet devices
- users with poor internet connections
- time-poor users who just need an answer to their question.
Here's how you can get started making your digital thing usable for all audiences.