Expenditure Review Committee
The ERC approved the establishment of the Digital Restart Fund. It approves multi-year funding proposals and requests over $5 million every quarter. It also reviews the performance of the fund annually.
Our next submission is planned for the first quarter of 2021. The Digital Restart Team prepares the submissions for ERC review.
Delivery and Performance Committee (DaPCO)
The Delivery and Performance Committee is a committee of Cabinet. It assesses the digital or data components of every new policy proposal in NSW. It also approves:
- NSW Digital Strategy and Roadmaps
- Digital Restart Fund requests of up to $5 million
- Phased release of funds for projects approved by ERC
- Pipeline of project proposals
We submit proposals to DaPCO every quarter. Our next submission is planned for the first quarter of 2021, just before the ERC meeting. The Digital Restart Team prepares the submissions for DaPCO review.
NSW Minister for Customer Service
Department of Customer Service Secretary
Under the Digital Restart Fund Act 2020, the Secretary of the Department of Customer Service is responsible for making recommendations to the Minister for what payment should be made from the fund.
NSW Secretaries’ Board
We regularly let the Secretaries Board know about the requests for funding presented to DaPCO.
- Checks business cases, including cost-benefit analysis, for accuracy and to make sure that they comply with Treasury policy. This also includes how funding might be structured and what the impact will be on overall cluster budgets.
- Makes sure that the fund keeps within budget parameters and facilitates financial adjustments to budget estimates if necessary.
Information and Privacy Commission NSW
Reviews every project for privacy impacts and mitigation. Read more about the role of the commission
Reviews every project for cybersecurity risks and mitigation. Read more about Cyber Security Policy in NSW.
The Customer Council helps review life journey project proposals before making recommendations to DaPCO.
NSW Public Service Commission
The Public Service Commission helps review capability project proposals before making recommendations to DaPCO.
ICT and Digital Leadership Group
Chaired by the Government Chief Information and Digital Officer, this group is made up of all of the Cluster’s Chief Digital/Technology officers. This group prioritises state digital asset and legacy modernisation project proposals before we make recommendations to DaPCO.
Digital Restart Fund Steering Committee
Includes people from the Department of Customer Service, Treasury, the Department of Premier and Cabinet, Department of Regional NSW, and Infrastructure NSW. The committee:
- Develops the strategy for the Digital Restart Fund
- Agrees to the prioritisation of projects
- Reviews the recommendations and made by the Digital Restart Fund Working Group
- Recommends and endorses seed and scale projects for Delivery and Performance Committee and ERC approval
- Monitors the delivery of projects
- Provides a quarterly update to Delivery and Performance Committee on the operation of the whole fund, and to ERC when required
The steering committee meets monthly.
Digital Restart Fund Working Group
(Includes people from the Department of Customer Service, Treasury and the Department of Premier and Cabinet.)
The working group:
- Recommends projects for the pipeline and helps prioritise investments
- Reviews seed and small-scale funding requests under $5 million before they go to Delivery and Performance Committee for approval
- Review's business cases and makes recommendation to Steering Committee for scale projects (>$5 million) Escalates issues to the Digital Restart Fund Steering Committee as necessary
The Digital Restart Fund working group meets weekly.
Digital Restart Team at the Department of Customer Service
- Gathers input from program teams
We’re here to help. We advise people on their business cases, prepare the cabinet submissions for DaPCO and ERC, and provide secretariat duties for the Fund’s working groups and steering committees. We also oversee the day-to-day administration of the Fund.
Your cluster representative has been working hard with the Digital Restart Team to make sure that we are funding the right projects in NSW. If you think you want to apply for funding from the Digital Restart Fund, you should contact your cluster representative as a starting point.
Education: Chris Bloom
Health (eHealth NSW): Graham Baum
Transport: Melissa Iverach
Treasury: Tracy Wilson
DPC: Jacqueline Parker
DPIE: Prajwal Subedi
Regional: George Argy
Stronger Communities: Justin Paine
DCS: Daniela Polit
Each project needs a senior executive sponsor. Each project team is responsible for participating the pipeline process, developing business cases and ensuring that it complies with its Cluster’s internal governance, assurance and reporting requirements. Teams manage the delivery and reporting requirements of their project.