Expenditure Review Committee (ERC)
The ERC approved the establishment of the Digital Restart Fund. It approves multi-year funding proposals and requests over $5 million every quarter. It also reviews the performance of the fund annually.
Our next submission is planned for the first quarter of 2021. The Digital Restart Team prepares the submissions for ERC review.
Delivery and Performance Committee (DaPCO)
The Delivery and Performance Committee is a committee of Cabinet. It assesses the digital or data components of every new policy proposal in NSW. It also approves:
- NSW Digital Strategy and Roadmaps
- Digital Restart Fund requests of up to $5 million
- phased release of funds for projects approved by ERC.
We submit proposals to the Delivery and Performance Committee every quarterly. Our next submission is planned for the first quarter of 2021, just before the ERC meeting. The Digital Restart Team prepares the submissions for DaPCO review.
We regularly let the Secretaries Board know about the requests for funding presented to the Delivery and Performance Committee.
The Steering Committee includes people from the Department of Customer Service, Treasury, the Department of Premier and Cabinet, Department of Regional NSW and Infrastructure NSW. The committee:
- Develops the strategy for the Digital Restart Fund
- Recommends and endorses seed and scale projects for Delivery and Performance Committee and ERC
- Agrees to the prioritisation of projects
- Reviews the recommendations and made by the Digital Restart Fund Working Group
- Monitors the delivery of projects
- Provides a quarterly update to Delivery and Performance Committee on the operation of the whole fund, and to ERC when required
The steering committee meets monthly.
Digital Restart Fund Working Group
The working group includes people from the Department of Customer Service, Treasury, and the Department of Premier and Cabinet. The working group:
- recommends projects for the pipeline and helps prioritise investments
- reviews seed and scale funding requests under $5 million before they go to Delivery and Performance Committee for approval
- escalates issues to the Digital Restart Fund Steering Committee as necessary
The working group meets monthly.
The Customer Council helps review life journey project proposals before making recommendations to Delivery and Performance Committee.
Public Service Commission
The Public Service Commission helps review capability project proposals before making recommendations to Delivery and Performance Committee.
ICT and Digital Leadership Group
Chaired by the Government Chief Information and Digital Officer, this group is made up of all of the Cluster’s Chief Digital/Technology officers. This group prioritises state digital asset and legacy modernisation project proposals before we make recommendations to Delivery and Performance Committee.
Each project needs a senior executive sponsor. Each project team is responsible for developing its investment proposal and/or business case and ensuring that it complies with its Cluster’s internal governance, assurance and reporting requirements. Teams manage the delivery and reporting requirements of their project.
Digital Restart Team at the Department of Customer Service
We’re here to help. We advise people on their business cases, prepare the cabinet submissions for Delivery and Performance Committee and ERC and provide secretariat duties for the Fund’s working groups and steering committees. We also oversee the day-to-day administration of the Fund.
Your cluster representative has been working really hard with the Digital Restart Team to make sure that we are funding the right projects in NSW. If you think you want to apply for funding from the Digital Restart Fund, you should contact your cluster representative as a starting point.
Education: Eileen Phu
Health: Graham Baum
Transport: Penny Lim
Treasury: Tracy Wilson
Premier & Cabinet: Sandie Matthews
Planning, Industry and Environment: Prajwal Subedi
Regional: Glenn Dogao , George Argy
Communities and Justice: Ed Wimshurst, Justin Paine
Customer Service: Daniela Polit