Support and solutions
You will need to be aware of the standards set out in the World Wide Web Consortium's (W3C) guidance:
- Web accessibility guidelines 2.1
- Web accessibility perspective videos
Details technical points related to the code rather than visual appearance. For example, websites that work well with assistive technologies. Also requires that user interaction and visual design do not provide barriers for people with disabilities. For example, giving clear instructions in website forms and applications.
Accessibility for teams
- Australian Broadcasting Commission's Accessibility tips for teams
- Udacity's Web accessibility by Google (free)
- OCAD University's Understanding web accessibility (free)
- Siteimprove's Accessibility e-learning courses (free)
Australia has adopted an internationally aligned standard for the procurement of accessible information and communication technology (ICT).
The Australian Accessible ICT Standard AS EN 301 549:2020 is identical to European Standard EN 301 549.
Short instruction videos on European Standard EN 301 549 for what to expect when implementing AS EN 301 549:2016.
For help with the standard and procurement, call the NSW Procurement Service Centre on 1800 679 289 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.