Our Strategic Focus
A whole-of-government outcomes-based approach
In common with leading digital governments, NSW has a strategic focus on great customer experiences, increasing state productivity, building resilience to future uncertainty, whilst ensuring services are equitable and inclusive.
Achieving these strategic outcomes requires coordination and reuse of digital assets across multiple government departments, industry, academia and with our customers. To aid in identifying the specific digital assets needed, we have developed the below whole-of-government value domain model.
Each value domain relates to specific focus areas where state digital assets have a role. We are able to map current and future digital assets to identify what will have the greatest impact to our strategic ambition.
|NSW WofG Value Domain||Description|
|Customer Experience||Empowering customers with secure, seamless and personalised services|
|Government Service Delivery||Enabling government to deliver relevant, timely and high quality services|
|Data Sharing||Secure sharing, access and control of information|
|Intelligence||Driving agility with faster time to insights|
|Innovation||Improving society, the environment and economy by using emergent technology and ways of working|
|Corporate Services||Core to enabling government to function collaboratively and productively, be fiscally responsible, fair and transparent|
|Foundations||Capabilities required by all digital initiatives across government (e.g. cyber, connectivity)|
Identifying reuse priorities
The State Digital Assets program uses the above strategic outcomes and value domains to identify priority digital assets. We then work with existing or new digital asset owners to support funding needs, increase visibility, raise awareness of value, and achieve adoption targets.
To date, we have started to focus on digital assets in the areas of:
- Customer Experience
- Government Service Delivery
Our SDA Lifecycle provides more information on how we identity priority assets and support asset owners to increase their assets’ readiness to be used across NSW Government agencies.
We have started publishing information on assets that are ready for reuse to help NSW public servants find solutions they can use or repurpose.
Working with ICT industry to develop SDAs
We are committed to strengthening industry involvement in NSW’s State Digital Assets.
- working with solution providers to make it easier for commercial products to integrate and use NSW SDAs
- ways to enhance existing digital assets in NSW Government to increase its use across multiple agencies
- evaluating new digital asset opportunities with industry
- connecting existing assets to enable data insights
Want to get involved? We would like to hear from industry partners who are:
- already providing digital solutions to NSW government and have a proposal for broader agency use related to our strategic focus areas (please see our SDA Roadmap) and have support from potential agencies
- have a digital solution that is proven to work across multiple governments/businesses, and a clearly defined whole-of-government use case that could be applied in NSW
- have commercial products that integrate with any of NSW assets that are ready for reuse, with forecast value to NSW government
- have a new idea that has a clearly defined whole-of-government use case related to our strategic focus areas (please see our SDA Roadmap) and a proposal to test this idea to prove value
Get in touch with our team if you meet one or more of the criteria above.