The Licensing Program is a $166.5 million multi-year program, majority funded by the Digital Restart Fund (DRF) , to create digital end-to-end licensing journeys for customers through the Licence NSW platform. This means making it easier to apply, renew and use licences in NSW.
Application and renewal processes are being digitised, incorporating identity verification, an integrated payment engine and automated processes, which for some customers already provides immediate licence approval. The program is projected to generate more than $600 million in economic benefits over 10 years.
In 2021-22, more than $4.6 million of benefits were realised across several industries. By the end of 2024, more than 130 industry or occupational licences and permits will be available digitally.
In 2021–22 the Licensing Program delivered:
- 13 product releases for customers, along with 19 internal regulator product releases to support licensing management
- more than 232,000 digital trade licence downloads onto customers’ phones
- more than 9800 Service NSW Centre visits avoided, with these transactions assessed and processed through the new Licence NSW platform
- 43,000 days contributed to the NSW economy through time savings in licence application processes
- 37 integrated services created for Licence NSW to enable quicker, easier transactions.
Secure digital licensing for customers and businesses
The eRegulation strategy for DCS is creating easy and secure digital licensing and regulatory experiences for customers and businesses. The Licensing and Complaints, Compliance and Enforcement Programs are strategically aligned through new digital case management platforms, called LicenceNSW and Regulation NSW.
They are both built on the AMANDA solution, which is used extensively internationally and is the first time this commercial software product has been implemented in Australia. The Licence NSW and Regulation NSW platforms seamlessly integrate with Service NSW and other services to streamline and improve the customer experience across the end-to-end regulatory landscape.