Managing and leadership
Everyone has a role to play in making sure our products and services offer a great experience for all our customers
As part of your role as a manager it is vital that you help your team discover and deliver a product that affords equal access of use by all customers.
Practical steps you can take:
- Learn how your team can Meet WCAG Standard
- Align your work with the NSW Design Standards and the Digital Service Toolkit
- Make sure you Understand your customers
- Check out the Accessibility resources
Tips for managing
- Be clear on your obligations to afford all customers equal access of use and lead by example for your staff.
- Ensure your team builds, manages and buys accessible ICT and digital products
- Familiarise yourself with the role designers and developers on your team can play in implementing accessibility.
- Lead by example by holding inclusive meetings and workshops.
- Explore digital accessibility education, training and certification options for you and your team.
- Allocate time for accessibility considerations during project planning and sprint planning.
- Make sure your team uses an inclusive cohort for research.
- Champion your team’s efforts to incorporate inclusion and accessibility into their work.
Want to learn more about inclusive design concepts and theory and how to put them in to practice?
Check out Diverse abilities and barriers to gain an understanding of what diverse needs and barriers are and Accessibility resources to explore the knowledge, tools, and frameworks to design more inclusively.
Accessibility: It's a team effort
Embed accessibility and inclusive design practices into your team's workflow with these effective tools and resources.