In 2019, TAFE NSW invested significant effort and resources to increase adoption of Office 365 applications, including Microsoft Teams. There were multiple drivers for this program including:
- Supporting staff to move files off local network drives and into cloud storage solutions of OneDrive and SharePoint
- Maximising staff adoption to take full benefit of existing contract terms
- Improve efficiency of staff collaborating on files in dispersed teams
- Transitioning staff from Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams due to EOL announcement
- Preparing staff for students being transitioned from gmail into Outlook mail
- Enabling collaboration of teachers with students in Office 365 environment
- Developed Staff Personas including core needs, training & adoption considerations and how O365 may be of benefit to each.
- Mapped the whole organization
- Created support framework
- Developed Resource bank of sessions plans, PowerPoints, quick reference guides, flyers, self-serve training Moodle, short MicroByte videos and Intranet support page.
- Built Office 365 facilitator and champion network
- Identified key support roles to focus training to support teachers in future
- Conducted Manager and individual pulse check surveys on confidence and skill level in Office 365 applications using MS Forms
- Based on Form results for each cohort, a Tailored Cohort Support Plan was developed and sent back to the Manager of the Unit for approval.
- Once approved, a Training Plan was developed for each cohort
- Intensive two week online training sessions, called Learning Dives were conducted. The training was “at your desk” and delivered using Microsoft Teams.
- Anonymous evaluation form was provided at end of each training session.
For further information you can contact:
Tyrone McGillick, Manager Advanced Learning Technologies on [email protected]