Enhance cyber security skills and workforce
As cyber threats continue to evolve at an increasing tempo, there is growing need to address the sector's skills gaps and build a workforce capable of operating with fluidity. The NSW Government will support businesses by addressing the skills gap in the sector and promoting cyber security as a career path to drive a continuous talent pipeline. For this to be successful, industry input and support in the development of educational content will be vital.
Our Strategic Objectives:
- Address the cyber sector's skills gap by developing a cyber skills entry pathway model and provide programs and services to meet demands
- Advocate diversity in the cyber security workforce by Government setting examples in recruiting across gender, neuro-spectrum, geography and fields of study
- Support education pathways by providing relevant cyber security training and education courses across high school and vocational institutes
- Support effective learning by ensuring that content in current training and education meets the needs in the market
- Ensure a continuous talent pipeline by introducing early interventions to promote cyber security to younger generations
- Grow regional cyber workforce by expanding resources for regional schools to teach technology subjects
How we will achieve our objectives:
In order to achieve our objectives, we will focus on the 6 key areas:
- Continue the NSW Cyber Ambassador Program to advocate for career pathways in the cyber sector.
- Integrate industry-based learning opportunities into university degrees / TAFE courses by promoting the creation of internships, traineeships and apprenticeships with industry through the NSW Cyber Hub.
- Ensure the NSW school curriculum has strong relevance to industry by strengthening industry partnerships.
- Support the development of training solutions to continuously upskill the existing workforce through deepened collaboration with TAFE NSW and industry.
- Promote early interest in cyber security as a career by facilitating school and industry partnerships to target early stages of schooling.
- Support the development of nationally consistent cyber skills pathway program and services to accelerate the reskilling of the workforce providing agility in the post COVID-19 workforce.