Individual and business customers are required to identify themselves each time they complete a transaction with the NSW Government. This can add up to multiple interactions, costing time and money. Service NSW’s ‘tell us once’ project aims to change that, providing new ways for customers to provide changes and updates to their personal details once created. The secure platform created for transactions allows customers to save and reuse personal information, reducing data entry (using this functionality is completely voluntary, in keeping with good online practice).
In funding the ‘tell us once’ project, the Digital Restart Fund has supported a significant transformation for customer experience.
The one-stop change of address service has already seen 270,000 customers update their address across five agencies, saving 40 minutes per transaction and avoiding number of trips needed to Service Centres. This is saving customers on average 56 minutes of travel time each.
Key benefits for government include:
- Increased ability to quickly detect fraudulent activities and an overall decrease in the number of frauds
- Cost savings and consistency across NSW Government from using a single solution.
- Greater adherence to regulatory requirements
- Secured and encrypted data exchange to protect from unauthorised access
- Built in efficiencies and reduced cost of data synchronisation has the potential to save millions of dollars of taxpayer money every year
The program plans to make improvement to 60 'tell us once' services. Government Made Easy has already made improvements to 46 services and is well ahead of schedule.
Investment from the Digital Restart Fund has provided the agile modelling and business capability support to the Government Made Easy program . The cyclical incremental funding provided by the Digital Restart Fund is helping Government Made Easy to continue to make significant impacts for our customers. The program will save an anticipated collective 200 years of customer time by 2023.
“With the Digital Restart Fund, we can cut across government siloes and improve connectivity across departments” Government Made Easy project lead