How it works
Before you start
· Plan your research approach and method, including establishing the objective of your research sessions.
· Identify ethical considerations, whether your research may cover sensitive topics or is including vulnerable people.
· Consider how you will ensure you are being inclusive in your research approach.
· Set an indicative time for your interview sessions (Generally between 30 and 90 minutes).
· Decide how many sessions you will run. This will decide how many participants you need to recruit.
Step 1: Describe the Purpose, and Topic for your research sessions.
Step 2: Identify the Participant criteria.
Step 3: Decide if you will be recruiting yourself or using a recruitment firm.
Step 4: Write your exclusions
Step 5: Describe the Format and Schedule for your research sessions.
If you're working with a recruiter, set up a call to talk them through the brief and answer any questions. It helps to collaborate with recruiters to generate a screening script / questionnaire to help them make sure they are getting the right people.
If recruiting with your team, set up a briefing session to answer any curly questions.
This template was contributed by the Digital Design and Delivery team, Department of Education