Note: cluster focus areas are subject to change based on NSW Government priorities and responses to evolving customer needs.
A sustainable health system that delivers outcomes that matter to patients and the community, is personalised, invests in wellness and is digitally enabled
Our long-term vision on how we see NSW Health transforming NSW:
- patients experience customised healthcare and health-related education is available when and where needed.
- our people offer personalised health and wellbeing solutions supported by agile technology and information in an efficient environment.
- the broader health system can proactively and intelligently identify needs and respond with tailored solutions for patients and our people.
Horizon 1 (short term)
- Integrated paper-lite core clinical information systems including eMR, IMS, HealtheNet, Diagnostic Solutions
- Patient identification and selection
- Patient-reported measures
- Patient and provider video conferencing
- Patient health education and information resources
- Availability and access to workforce data
Effective and integrated workforce management tools
- Finance lifecycle management
- Standardised data structures, storage and reporting
- Robust minimum standards for infrastructure, networks and security
- Consistent approach to fostering ICT enabled innovations
Horizon 2 (medium term)
- Secure messaging and eReferral management
- Enhanced capture and use of new data sources
- Enhanced data mobilisation
- Seamless information flow between core systems
Horizon 3 (long term)
- Shared care plans
- Online appointments
- Remote patient monitoring
- Workforce education and professional development tools
- Enhanced population health intelligence
- Enhanced preventative health analytics
- Enhanced research and continuous learning
- Workforce access to applications anywhere anytime
- Highly mobile and intuitive solutions