Planning, Industry and Environment
Note: department focus areas are subject to change based on NSW Government priorities and responses to evolving customer needs.
We serve the people of NSW by developing well-connected communities, preserving our environment, supporting industries and contributing to a strong economy
Our long-term vision on how we see the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment transforming NSW:
- citizens have personalised experience when interacting with our services and are at the forefront of our program design.
- our people have seamless digital experience to deliver the best in class service and program outcomes for the communities, environment and industry.
- our organisations utilise real-time advanced technology to influence decisions that benefit the environment, communities and industries.
Horizon 1 (short term)
- Consistent use of a customer-centric framework for the development of applications that support our interactions with our customers.
- Simplification of ERP, business applications and systems to enable our employees to collaborate and work from anywhere more efficiently in the newly formed department.
- Establishment of integration standards, processes and frameworks that support broader information sharing across organisations.
Horizon 2 (medium term)
- Systems that maintain a single view of the customer to better understand customer needs that enables improved service delivery
- Utilise best of breed tools to strengthen security of our information assets protecting our customer information and enabling secure collaboration between our partner organisations
Horizon 3 (long term)
- Implement sensory data collection, automation and AI technologies that allows us to provide a personalised experience for our customers as well as define and execute programs to maintain sustainable environment and thriving communities and industry.